Friday, August 1, 2008

Weird

Yesterday while I was at work I ran into an old friend and her mom. Well, she was actually Melissa's friend, but anyway- she is now married with a 10-month-old. I then find out that all three of her younger brothers (some my age, some younger) are married, and one of them even has a kid now! That was weird. Weird, weird. I mean, I congratulated them and am definitely happy for them, but it was just weird. Melissa and I were laughing later when I told her, about our sadly single state- we'll be the dried up old spinsters (a quote from Little Women) for sure! Haha, just kidding. Anyway, it was just a really odd thing to think of childhood friends who are married. One of them I even had a crush on when I was younger. You just forget that when you're growing up, so is everyone else.

I'm starting to get excited about school starting back up. This break has definitely been what I needed and now I'm ready to take it on and get it done. I'm trying to think- one year from today I will be a graduate! I know the year will fly by, but you know how it is. It always feels like it's going slowly until you look back at how much you've done.

Work today was good. We were really busy so it went quickly. Not only that, I had a few projects to work on so it was a good day overall.

1 comment:

Derek said...

I chuckled at your sadly single state comment. Its not as bad as it seems...I promise