Tomorrow I will be waking up to my first day of classes. I have nursing ethics at 10 and nursing science II at 1:00. Mondays will not be be bad days.
I still can't believe the news about my aunt. My sisters have both written awesome tributes to her in their blogs, so I feel like I should say a few things also about the wonderful woman that Aunt Georgia is. It has been hard for me to talk about, but I feel as if I can't cry anymore for now. She is my grandma's sister, and one of the most amazing women ever. She is full of love, laughter, joy, and she loves the Lord. Even while she has been sick these past years, you could always count on laughter when she was around. When I was a little younger she had more energy and could keep up with the best of them. She loves the St. Louis Rams and Cardinals, and has always gone to games as long as I can remember. People have also always told me I look like her when she was young, and she told me that she always thought I was beautiful. She is my other grandma- she and my uncle treat all of their grand-nieces and nephews as if they were their own grandchildren. One of the things I remember as a little girl when we got to my grandparents every Christmas, we knew we would see Aunt Georgia and Uncle Dick at church the next day- and we would run and hug them as soon as we saw them, and sit in their pew during the service. She always wears a Christmas plaid jacket that time of year. What a wonderful, wonderful woman. I love her. She has so much strength and character.
It is time for sleep, and although not nearly enough has been said, or ever could be said, this will have to do for the time being. I feel less emotional about it now, but just a melancholic, sad feeling most of the time that I can't seem to shake.
And so good night, tomorrow I start my senior year. How does it go so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment