Thursday, August 7, 2008

Olympics start tomorrow, get excited!!! I saw another Visa Go World commercial last night and was promptly annoyed. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get over it. Lots of things annoy me right now, including but not limited to: global "warming", going green (although green is my favorite color), and Obama--well, the liberals in general. Don't forget to inflate your tires, folks.

Have I mentioned that I love election year? I do! I'm a die-hard conservative (just in case you couldn't tell already) and I just love the aura of an election year. I don't know why, because I know that most people hate it. Right now I have no idea how the elections will turn out, although I think I can make a pretty good guess by the way things look right now. This is going to be an exciting election. Of course it might not have an exciting end to it, but I know God is in control and nothing will happen that He hasn't already decided. That's one thing I'm thankful for, is a sovereign God! I suppose that I would worry so much less about my life if I would just remember that. Obviously that doesn't excuse me from making stupid decisions that I often make, but knowing that His will is going to come about no matter what happens is comforting.

School starts in less than three weeks. I'm getting excited! Tomorrow I'm going to buy school supplies. I have always loved that. And this is the last time I will be doing that, hurray! Mainly things like paper, binders, pens/pencils, all that crap. No crayons, scissors, glue, or construction paper- dang it. What a great way to pass the time during a boring class that would be- coloring. Hm, not a bad idea...

Listening to Steven Curtis Chapman right now- yeah! Good memories there.

And Allison, where are you????? Your presence has been missed.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm here! Remember, no internet?? I'm around, just working a lot. Ready for my weekend!

Sarah said...

Hooray for the Olympics. I watched the openinig ceremony last night and it made me think of watching them at your house all those years ago... great memories!