Sunday, August 10, 2008

God is GOOD

"Fear the LORD, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. . . . The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all; He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."
-Psalm 34:9,10,18, &19

We read Psalm 34 in church today. These verses really stood out to me. I have heard them before, read them before, and probably had the same exact thoughts on them before, but God definitely knew that I needed to hear them again today. And while I didn't have any amazing revelations about it, it was a wonderful encouragement.

I love verses 9 & 10, which say that those who fear Him lack nothing, and those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. So the things that I'm lacking right now... well, I suppose that God knows that they wouldn't be good for me right now. I'm struggling with contentment in my circumstances because I feel like God is withholding everything I want right now. I'm seeing things happening to my friends all around me that as a little girl I always dreamed would be happening to me right now. Just last night I was thinking about how I'm going to be a senior in college and I realized that as a young girl, even in high school, I imagined that I would be getting engaged my senior year, just like my mom did. And today I know I lack no good thing. So thankfully, God didn't just put that in the Bible and then stop there, but later in verses 18 & 19 we know that as a Christian we will still have troubles, even though we lack nothing. So although my life isn't perfect right now, I'm having struggles, I'm having my doubts about where my life will go, I lack no good thing. Praise God! It's easy to say that but to really believe it, that's the hard part. But I know it's true and I'm thankful.

Tonight Mrs. Sutton is having a going-away party for Brittany. She's going to Ukraine for at least a year. I think that is so cool! I hope that some day I'll get an opportunity like that. For now I know I'm where God wants me.

I'm going to the beach tomorrow! Yay!

And I'm loving the Olympics this year! I'm mostly keeping up with swimming, men's gymnstics, and beach volleyball. Although I'm watching everything I can. I just love it. It only comes around once every four years.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Psalm 34 is one of my favorite Psalms... The entire Psalm just gets me to my core.