Saturday, August 23, 2008

School, Thoughts, and a Storm

School doesn't start for another two days, and already I am stressing about it. For no reason I am getting myself all worked up over this med dose calc test, and I know that I know this stuff. It's just knowing that if you don't pass on the 2nd opportunity you can't continue. God has brought me this far, and I'm not getting anything accomplished by worrying about it! I stress way too easily. I used to brag to people about how I didn't get stressed easily (really, I used to be so laid back about everything)- ha! Nursing school sure humbled me there. But I'm going to enjoy it while I'm in it. I have decided that no matter how stressed I get, no matter how much I want to cry and pull my hair out and drop out, I will try to enjoy school. Isn't that funny? Enjoy school? Well I have really enjoyed it so far, but I think I let myself get too stressed. Just talking about stress makes me stressed.

I have my orientation for clinical on Tuesday morning. I'm looking forward to that. It will just be sitting back and soaking it all in, I won't actually have to do anything yet. No patient contact at that point. Tuesdays will be my stress days this year. Clinical 6:45 until 7:00. Then home to study.

The library will once again become my new home, coffee my best friend. :)

We have all been doing ok with the news about Aunt Georgia. At this point I think we all feel like it's not really happening because we are not there. That's what is so hard to accept, because the last time I saw her (which was Christmas) she was fine. I wasn't even aware of her most reason health complications, so I was pretty blind-sided. I talked to my grandma (her sister) two nights ago and it made me cry. I will call Aunt G this week but right now I can't because I will just cry and cry on the phone and I can't do that. I sent her a letter in the mail today, and she should get that on Tuesday.

Well, the tropical storm has come and gone. It was a pretty mild storm, and thankfully we didn't get any damage. I did get out of work on Thursday which was pretty cool. What's the point of being open during a big storm? I also got canceled on two babysitting jobs which I was disappointed about because I really need the money. Oh well. Yesterday I went to Mellow Mushroom with Sara, Lauren, Hannah, and Catherine, and that was probably the stupidest thing ever for me to do. The weather was awful, and come to find out we were only a couple miles from a tornado. Great.

Not much other news really. School is forefront on my mind, and it's time to get back to studying my calculations!

No comments: