Last night I found out that my great Aunt Georgia's cancer is terminal. I can't believe this. Last night all I could do was cry, and today I can't accept it. My aunt, who has been like another grandma to me. I just can't believe it. Because I can't be up there it seems even more unreal. Why didn't I go on the trip with the family this summer? I hate not being up there, not getting to see her.
I know I can't beat myself up over those things, but I just can't believe this. I love her so much. She has had so many problems for several years, but she always makes it through. It's got to be the same this time around too.
Last night I decided I never want to wish time away again. I'm always saying "I can't wait until summer," or Christmas, or spring break, or graduation, etc...etc... I've got to stop that and enjoy what I have right now, enjoy the people in my life.
Today I went to a review for med dose calc. I went to class before school even started! The life of a nursing student... :) We have to take a med dose calc test by the first Friday of the semester and pass with a 95 or better to continue the program. We only get two opportunities. This is the most nerve-racking part of nursing school, even more than tests and finals. There were 2nd and 4th semester people there as well, and it's always nice to see people from the other semesters.
I'm ready to start. I got to see a few of my friends, and it was so good to see them! I forgot just how much I missed them, and when we were together we were just talking and laughing like always. I love my friends at school. Before last year I really didn't have a lot of friends. Not that I'm complaining about that, because God has used that time in my life. I'm one of those people that is very content to sit at home and read a good book or watch a movie, before I'll go out with friends. That's just how I am. But nursing school brought us together all from different places and backgrounds, but working together towards the same goal- and I have formed relationships that I'm convinced will last a lifetime. When you go to class together. stress together, work on projects together, go to clinical at insane hours together, do community hours together, cry together, pray together, laugh together, and even sometimes just go to lunch together- you make the best friends ever. Even though everything is so hard and stressful, we do have some really fun times together that just can't be beat. I know this year will be so hard, but I'm ready to go back.
1 comment:
Nat, sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. Just remember that God is still at work
Post a Comment