My dear, dear Grandpa is sick. We are going to lose him soon. It is devastating. He is 93 years old, has lived a long and full life, but I sure will miss him. I am so thankful I was able to see him this past summer when we went to Illinois. Together, even if only for a short time. I have cried and cried and I know I will still cry more.
Grandpa knows Jesus. Grandpa is a successful man, because he lived for Jesus Christ first and foremost. He lived through the Depression as a young man. He put himself through school, finally getting his Ed.D. He was a good husband and father and raised three boys who went on to become good husbands, fathers, and now grandfathers. He is a wonderful grandpa to all of his grandchildren. Grandpa loved a good corny joke. He called me his sweetie from Tahiti, and I always thought it was so silly, and now I wish I could hear him call me that one more time. I wish I could hug him right now. He is such a good man and I will miss him so, so much. My heart hurts.
There is sweetness in this bitterness, and it is that I know I will see him again. In heaven, happy and whole again with Jesus. Christmas is sad this year, but the truth of Christ still shines brightly through it all. I am still redeemed, and so is my grandpa and so I know we will be re-united someday. It is goodbye, but only for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment