fI flew up here on Tuesday and made it just in the nick of time for my grandpa's memorial service. It was a beautiful service. All of his grandchildren made it there, and it was the first time in at least three years that all of us were together at once. I sure wish it were under different circumstances, but we are still thankful for the time we have together.
My grandma comes home from the hospital tomorrow. She is much improved, and we are so glad. She is so strong. She was able to go to the service on Tuesday, which was great.
I do miss Grandpa. Although I am glad he is no longer suffering. Thinking back on this summer in July when I last saw him, I am realizing now that it is good he did not have to live for years like that. He hated being in the condition he was in, and though I still think in the end he wished for more years to live a healthy life, he would not have wanted to continue on in his condition. It was an unfortunate reality that he was not going to get well. I always imagined my grandpa would live to be 100 years old, like one of those people who goes about their normal daily comings and goings, and die in their sleep. We must learn to carry on without him, and that's what he would want. Without sounding too new-agy, it is the cycle of life. He had to carry on after his own grandparents and parents went before him, and now it's our turn to begin doing the same.
We do have some Christmas Day plans. We will still be celebrating as usual all together. We even may have some snow! I just hope that if it does snow, it'll stick for a couple days at least.
If I'm not back before then, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
No comments:
Post a Comment