Goodbye, 2010. Can't say I'm even a little sad to see you go...
2011... sad to say, I have no expectations for you. Except that you might be better.
Regardless, I know I'm blessed, I know I'm loved, and I know I'm redeemed. Most of all I know God is good.
Don't people take the time on New Years Eve to reflect upon the last year, the significance of it? When I look back on 2010, there honestly isn't much that stands out about it for me. I continued on in my work as a nurse... have now been there for over a year. Traveling was pretty good- went to Cleveland, Ohio, for the first time in February to visit Lindsey. Of course, Washington, DC in October. I had a great trip in July to Illinois to visit my family, which I am so thankful for since it was the last time I saw my grandpa. Of course, the freshest memory of 2010 that I have is my grandpa's death-- and that may be why 2010 leaves such a bitter taste for me.
Perhaps 2011 will be better. Or perhaps it will be worse. I have no control right now over how it will go, but I can trust God and do what I'm supposed to do.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment