Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight, School, Shopping, and My Voice


I finished the first Twilight book last night. I have been wanting to read them for awhile now, because I was wondering what all the hype about them was (I mean, honestly, a girl falling in love with a vampire?) I thought they sounded pretty stupid but the previews for the movie caught my interest (and hello, Robert Pattinson!) so I decided to read them. And I can definitely see why so many girls, young and older, love them. In good ways and bad ways. The bad way? They are very sensual- a lot about their desire for each other (both sensual and... vampire desire you might call it?) and that sort of stuff. But in a good way, I think that Edward is the embodiment of what we all desire- he has the ability for much evil, yet he restrains it. He works hard and gives up his own comfort and safety to protect his woman, both from others and from himself. He holds back on what he really desires, and loves her instead. I haven't read the rest of the books so I don't know how they are, but I think in essence that's what really drew me in, and probably a lot of other girls as well. But, young girls should not be reading this stuff. No way would I let a girl younger than 16 read these, and I mean that. I'm interested to see the movie now, however, because it is a good story.

I finished my ATI remediation today and it took me more than three hours! I was about to go crazy by the end. It took three tries to make the 100% but I did it. So that is one less thing to think about while I study for finals.

I have enjoyed this break a lot. Today has been pretty productive, so I'm glad for that. We all went shopping at 3:45 am yesterday, and it was awesome! I was extremely tired by the end though after only getting an hour and a half of sleep (Twilight being the culprit for that). However, I think adrenaline pretty much got us all through the morning, and we ended it at Cracker Barrell for an awesome breakfast.

I have a bad cold right now, and have completely lost my voice. My throat doesn't hurt, it's mainly just a cough and it settled in my vocal cords I suppose. I have never lost my voice before, and it is the most frustrating thing having nothing to contribute to conversations! I can't impose my opinions on my family (ok, so that's probably a humbling thing) and it sounds silly but having this happen made me realize how much I speak before thinking. Because I really can't communicate with anyone very well, and when I am , I'm only saying things that are absolutely necessary- so I'm not saying the first thing that comes to mind. Interesting experience, and I will hopefully remember this from now on and not always have something to say. :)

No comments: