Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I think that the past three months have been some of the most difficult of my life. I know I already said that exact same thing yesterday, but being Thanksgiving I was just thinking how grateful I am to God that He has brought me this far. And even if things don't turn out the way I want them to, I will (in HIS strength) choose to be thankful for the experiences He has given me. He is so good to me, not just because of the good things that happen to me, but also because of the "bad" He occasionally allows into my life. "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" (Job 2:10) He is good because He is God. He has a plan, and the bad things that I perceive are generally to bring about that plan.

I still remember the night I found out I would not be able to even apply to UCF's nursing program. I was so ready to get away, to go to a new place, to start a whole different life there. I had been accepted into the university, and had all my paperwork together to take down the next day to apply to the program, and had been looking forward to it for months. I happened to notice a certain CRN number on their requirements for chemistry, and it turned out that I had the wrong chemistry and wouldn't be able to even apply. I cried right then and there, and was mad at myself and upset with God. I felt like my chances of getting into UNF's program were completely impossible and basically felt like I had no other options. But little did I know, the last program I ever thought I'd make it into was the one God wanted me in, and it's just interesting to think that it turned out that way. I never even expected it. What made me mad ended up being the best thing for me. It's just pretty cool when you can look back on it- if only we could have that perspective when those things happen.

Well, I should be going to bed because it is off to an EARLY day to shop tomorrow! I have never shopped on Black Friday before so I'm looking forward to it! HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone and I hope that you can find something to be thankful for (and I'm sure you can find many things). Remember that no matter what, God remains faithful in all things even when we can't see it.

No comments: