I'm sitting in Panera right now, supposed to be "finishing my paper," but I can't seem to do it so I'm going to take a break from that effort. I'm pretty much almost finished- 21 pages, few more to go. I have never written a paper that long before, and it has actually been a somewhat enjoyable process because I'm pretty interested in what I'm writing about- unlike ethics.
Speaking of which, I have a presentation on Monday morning in ethics on organ transplantation. I didn't really think there would be any ethical issues in that area, but there are actually quite a few. Hannah was especially nice to get one of her doctors to lend me a book on the ethical issues surrounding organ transplantation. I really appreciated that!
I'm feeling pretty good right now. I know the next three days are going to be stressful, but just knowing that Thanksgiving is coming right after that helps so much. I can get through it when I think of sitting at the Kerchers' eating a big Thanksgiving meal, sitting around a fire, talking and laughing, and watching a Christmas movie or two. I won't allow myself to think about any school that day. School will be off-limits! In a lot of ways I feel really at peace about school right now. I know that there is the possibility that I may not pass this semester. I can't ignore that fact, but at the same time I am not going to let that keep me from working hard and aiming for the best. I will work hard until 12 o'clock on December 12, and will not let myself fear failure. God is good and He has a plan. He knows what will happen, and I can rest in that. But again, I'll still work for the best because I will not fail this. ;)
Church tomorrow, and for the first time in several months I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't talked about it much on here, but my church, my church I have been going to for 18 plus years is going through a lot. We are without a pastor (interim pastor but still not the same) and things have just seemed... I don't know, just up in the air all the time. There doesn't seem to be any real leadership, not that the Session isn't doing a good job, but it's just really sad to me. I think my church has always been the "one thing" I could count on, and wrongfully so because it is not the people, but Christ, that we rally around. Anyway, it's just really hard for me sometimes because I have never known another church and have struggled with the idea of leaving to find a new one, yet still holding out for my church. Again, you know me, I hate change! Every time something changes I shake my fist at God. I really don't like it.
Well, time to stop procrastinating on this paper.
1 comment:
Hey friend! It's good to read your posts and hear what is going on in your life. :)
Post a Comment