I'm pretty sure that this week has thus far been the most stressful one. Knowing that Thanksgiving is next week has definitely motivated me though! I'm working on a group presentation for Monday, and my big pharm paper I need to have finished by then as well. I will most likely be a hermit this weekend... but really, that's me most of the time! :)
I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving break. Just to have a time to relax, bake with my mom and sisters, eat far more than any human should, have pumpkin pie with whipped cream on the top, fellowship with close friends and family, watch Christmas movies on tv, and be able to enjoy the little things amidst the stress. Somehow I have always loved Thanksgiving break, even with the studying and projects that are usually surrounding it.
I feel the end coming, but in a sense there is still that feeling of impending doom... as if I will work relentlessly until the end and still fall short. This is a very real possibility, yet I won't allow this to keep me from doing my best. God is good no matter what.
Brother Micah showed up on campus this week, preaching out on the green like he always does, cursing and condemning people to hell. I find this man to be an embarrassment to Christians, and I do not believe he is even truly saved. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ, yet to him, in order to be saved one must be perfect and never sin again. Those who come forward to tell him they know Christ he only condemns. He actually claims to not have sinned in at least a few years. And people come out in droves just to stand there watching him, making fun of him, and he is not afraid to dish it right back. I actually might go eat my lunch and listen to him tomorrow, because while I am disgusted by him, I also find him pretty interesting. It forces me to look at myself and ask some questions- like why am I not actively witnessing to those about Christ. Why am I leaving it to the legalistic, grace-less "Christians?" By sitting silently am I as guilty as he, allowing Christ to be represented that way? Taking a look at the people Christ hung out with- thieves, adulterers, impulsive men, healing the demon-possessed, forgiving His children's sin... the ones He spoke against the most were the self-righteous Pharisees. And yet, I sometimes wonder if at times I even fall in the "self-righteous" category myself. Conviction.
And good night, because my thoughts are running a mile a minute and I need to get some sleep. No more disorganized thoughts for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment