I spent today trying so hard to concentrate on studying in the library. Finally I was getting nowhere and I had a headache from no caffeine, and had to give up and go home. I got some coffee at Starbucks (the Christmas cups are out! Hooray!) and came home to work on my paper. I actually am beginning to get somewhere with it, although now all these lab values are driving me crazy! I'm trying to figure out a good way to organize them within the paper. Right now it is just a big jumble of words and numbers and I want it to make sense! It makes sense to me, but that's my unorganized thought processes. I have so much trouble writing a good paper.
I decided today that at some point in the next ten years I'm going to go on a trek to study whales for a period of time. Can any average person on the street do that? I know you're thinking, extremely random, but I have always been extremely fascinated with whales and always wanted to do that. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Anyone want to join me?
I have begun listening to Christmas music. Early, as usual! :) I enjoy the Christmas season long before it ever begins. It's such an awesome time of the year! Some people are such a kill-joy about it but I just love it and enjoy every minute of it. This year, I resolve NOT to let myself get over-stressed with it. It's always to my dismay that I spend most of Thanksgiving break and a lot of the time leading up to Christmas studying for finals or working on papers. Hopefully this will be the last year I will have to do that. God knows. :)
I got to talk to the grad student at school the other day who is running the tutoring sessions. Usually we just discuss what we talked about in class that week, but I was there early and it was really encouraging to talk to her. She reassured me that nurses actually don't know everything (which is pretty much contrary to what I feel like our teachers communicate) and you really learn with experience. Nursing school is just the foundation for your career. I wish I understood that earlier!
Well, thoughts are getting random and I think it's time to go. Maybe I'll get some more of this paper done tonight? We'll see! In the meantime, I will enjoy this week and make sure it is a productive one! ;)
4 comments:
Yes, its a little secret nursing professors do not tell you! Clinical nurses will tell you. I wish I knew everything, that is my downfall. But, you learn, with every new experience. Like I learned that a certain medication needs to be pushed rrrreeeaaalllyyyy slow. Or when to do this and that, whatever. It really is just a basis that you build on. And it sucks starting out at the beginning, down at the bottom. I can't wait until I am up there in the middle or top!
Seriously! They do such a disservice to students by making us afraid to actually answer a question "I don't know." It's just wrong to me and I think we miss out on a lot of learning because of it.
Christmas can come now...Starbucks has their cups.
I love your picture!!
Post a Comment