Thursday, October 2, 2008

Today is one of those days when I can't seem to concentrate on anything. I am trying to be diligent and start studying for midterms, and my mind keeps wandering off somewhere else. So, why not take a break and let it wander for awhile.

Yesterday I again spent the day feeling under the weather. Not as bad as last week, but I just felt headachy and lethargic most of the day. I ended up taking a three hour nap. For some reason clinical just wipes me out! I can't figure it out. I did get something productive done, but not nearly what I should have. I was never affected like this last semester after 12-hour days (although last year they were never as intense as they are now). I guess I just need to make sure I am getting more work done Thursday through Monday because it looks like Wednesdays are going to be pretty much shot from here on out unless something changes.

I'm at the library right now to make up for lost time yesterday. Although I'm having a hard time concentrating, I do feel that I've gotten some productive studying done. It is just getting to the point where it is not productive and the information is not being retained. Part of my problem is I'm hungry. Not a fun way to spend the day. I will probably leave in about an hour or so.

I'll be going to Amanda's spinning class again tomorrow. I did it last week and it was pretty good. A hard work-out, and something I definitely need! She does it three days a week but I can only make it out on Fridays after class. I should try to exercise at least two other days on my own. Maybe that will help me feel less tired a lot of the time. Well, that and actually getting a good night's sleep.

I can't wait to graduate. I was looking online last night for places to live after I'm done. Looks like St. Louis is the place, but really anywhere in the NORTH would be great. I'm tired of hot and humid weather 90% of the year. You can tell me that St. Louis gets super hot and humid weather and I won't argue that, but they do not get it March through October with hot days sprinkled in throughout the winter months as well. We do and it is absolutely miserable. You wake up and step outside in the morning and immediately start sweating, can hear your hair frizz, cut the air with a knife and know that it is only going to get worse as the day progresses. Welcome to Florida.

No comments: