Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Good Weekend

I'm in Orlando right now with Allison. I really needed to get away and it has been nice, although it probably means I'll be up late tonight working on some papers and studying. Oh well! It's worth it to get a break! I feel a lot better about everything now- it's good when you can get away and put things in perspective.

Friday night we really didn't do anything too much, since I couldn't get here until after 8 and we were both really tired out after the week. But yesterday we got pumpkins and drove around O-town for a while because we found rejection after rejection. We came back and went to a party for Allison's former RUF minister, which was pretty fun considering I didn't really know anybody outside of Allison and her roommate. Afterwards Allison and I came back and carved our pumpkins- and they look really good! We used the special designs that come with the kit, and it turned out really well. I will definitely post pictures at some point.

The tutoring session I went to on Friday was so helpful. I will definitely be going to that every week. It's nice to sit down and talk about what we did in class that day- which was heart failure. It's a grad student who is doing the tutoring, but she has been a nurse for 28 years so she is extremely knowledgeable. She was very understanding and patient when I needed more explaining. There was one other lady there as well, who is in the accelerated program, and I think I feel a little better now about my schedule after talking to her. They run the accelerated students into the ground.

And I'm starting to get a cold. Ick. I can't figure out where I caught it either. Anytime I'm out in public and people are coughing and sneezing all over the place I just want to smack them around and teach them how to cough into their hands, away from people! I honestly wonder if some people have no concept of that, y'know? Oh well. It stinks to go to clinical when you have a cold, but they make you anyway. Doesn't that seem kinda wrong, considering you could get an already sick patient sicker? I don't know, but I'm hoping this will pass soon.

We are about to go to church, and I will be going home this afternoon. The weekend is almost over but it's been a good one and I'm glad to have gotten away for a little bit. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Weekends are too short. I go through the week, the weekend comes, and it is gone!!! Glad you came. I guess the pumpkin pictures are on my camera, well after your's died.