Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm so worried about this midterm coming up on Friday. If any of you think about it and could pray for me, I would appreciate it so much. I have studied my butt off so far in this class, and it never pays off in the checkpoints. Then I hear other people who come in and "barely studied" and they are making better grades than me. Not that I'm in a competition, but why is all my studying not paying off? I know I don't learn at a fast pace, but I am not used to making bad grades. I don't understand how my teachers can tell us we are doing fine when we make 50's and 60's on checkpoints and expect us to make a 70 average on the midterm and final. Something is wrong with that system of teaching. Seriously, 80 % of the class makes below 70's on the checkpoints and the teachers tell us that it'll all pan out in the end. And they don't understand why we get so worried about it. Well we haven't been here before, we don't know how it'll turn out, so I think we have good reason to be a little worried about our final grade.

*SIGH* I'm just having a panic attack right now so don't mind me. It is frustrating to not know what is going to happen. Every semester I go through panic mode about this time, wondering if I'll pass, and then afterwards I wonder why I ever worried. I hope it's the same way with this one because I'm about to go crazy. This class isn't really a reflection of how much you know, but of how good your critical thinking skills are. That's the hardest part. What have you learned and now how are you going to apply it. Scary.

Well, instead of sitting here ranting and raving about this midterm I should probably go study for it. Please pray for me.

No comments: