I am feeling more stressed right now than I have in my entire life. I have become an over-stressed, high-strung, anxious, panicked, nervous wreck- all the time. I'm losing my appetite because I feel sick with anxiety half the time. I am near tears for no reason and I just can't stand it anymore.
Yes, I'm sitting here venting. Yes, I'm complaining just like I said I never would. I'm more stressed than I said I would allow myself to be. I just can't bottle it up anymore! Today I expressed that I just feel like giving up and quitting- and got incredulous looks from friends who couldn't believe I was saying it. Yes, I feel like quitting, but how I feel isn't going to translate into my actions- I'm going to keep at it and work even harder. Of course I'm not going to act on these feelings, but I can't ignore them either. I have to cry sometimes- do I always have to maintain the tough exterior that people expect? Do I always have to act like everything in life is peachy? If I express that I feel a certain way, don't sit there and give me advice or tell me my feelings are wrong. I'm not asking for advice, and I'm certainly not asking for you to tell me what I should do, or tell me that my feelings are not justified. So here you go, my frustrations coming out. Tomorrow will be a new day.
Needless to say, I'm glad that it's the weekend. I will be studying, but I won't have to deal with people, which is sometimes the most energy-draining and frustrating part of school and life in general.
Well, I'm sorry and if you are upset by my complaining you can completely disregard it. I just had to let it out, and now I'm going to go to a tutoring session to hopefully get some help with my studying. Toodles.
1 comment:
Something I've been really learning in the past few months is to apply the "do not be anxious" passage from Matthew 6. Of course, it's something we grew up knowing, but it's something else to have to live it. I've realized, though, that I don't have to adequate for anything more than the next minute. God will supply grace when I need it, enough for each moment. So I focus on the right now, and try to trust Him for the then. And He is sufficient.
And I'm glad for the new post, that you're doing better.
Post a Comment