Midterms are over. Not exactly what I hoped for, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a final if I work really hard. I'm going to be studying my butt off even more, but it will be worth it in the end. I will make it through! And God is good no matter what. How can I question His goodness and His calling based upon circumstances? I can't. I have to trust even though right now I don't feel like it at all.
I had my overnight shift in the ER Friday night. Talk about tough! I woke up at 5 am on Friday morning and didn't go to sleep until 7 am the next day. I have never stayed up all night in my entire life, and am surprised I was even able to do it. I still haven't recovered from that though. It was a pretty busy night. I got to do a lot of skills (got lots of experience hanging IV's!). I also saw somebody die, which was sad for me. They were older and had lived life, but it still was just weird to watch someone die. It felt morbid to stand by and observe while a person is dying, even if all preventive measures were taken. That was definitely not my favorite part of the evening, not that any of it was great. I slept about five hours when I got home and then spent the rest of the day studying. I took another midterm today that I think I did pretty well on, and have hope now that this will be worth it.
And now I'm going to go take a nap.
3 comments:
Yes, I should have done that.
Welcome to my life of waking up early and staying up...blah!
Wow. That sounds like a lovely shift... Thank you, I'll stick to Academia.
Whoah, I just realized you said someone died. How sad. Did you have to prepare the body at all? Oh, I still have a story to tell you about interesting patients
Post a Comment