Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I have become so convicted about my attitude this semester. Yesterday in class I was stressing about this midterm to my good friend Tatyana, and she began to encourage me by telling me that God has brought me this far, and I can trust Him to carry me the rest of the way. Being my obnoxious self, I smugly told her that I have a personal responsibility and can't just say I'm trusting in God to get me the grades, and left it at that... I felt so convicted by that later on and had to call her and apologize and thank her for her encouragement. I realized through that incident that I have been relying entirely upon myself this semester. I have wanted to prove to myself that I can do it, and the truth is, I can't without God. I have already proven through my checkpoint grades that I can't do it on my own! Again, this doesn't take away from personal responsibility but I should never rely upon myself. I'm so self-centered.

Something last night a girl in my BSF group said is helping me so much. She is a doctor and one of the most brilliant people ever, and said that when she doesn't always feel like she knows much, she remembers that God is her competence. And I just think that is such an awesome thought! I'm taking care of people created in the image of God- He created them! He is my competence when I don't feel like I know anything. Just a neat thought.

Clinical today was pretty good. It was uneventful because I was in cardiac cath lab and wound care, so I didn't get to do anything interesting. We took pictures afterwards so I'll post some later on. I'm exhausted due to getting up early, but physically I don't feel too tired.

I'm trying not to stress too much about this midterm. God is in control, and I'm going to go in there and do my best (which I have to remember doesn't mean being the best) in reliance upon Him.

1 comment:

Li said...

Thanks for this post. Your honesty is refreshing and I really appreciate it.