Seventh week down. Where does the time go? This semester still feels new, and we are almost half-way through. After next week I will officially be half-way through nursing school.
I finally got started on my homebase community hours today. We are working with kids at one of the community centers, doing fitness with them. It was a lot of fun, but very tiring. I'm getting old- I can hardly keep up with the kids anymore! We tried the Indian run at first, and that ended up being a disaster with 20 kids of all ages. So we did relays for awhile and did a good bit of stretching. I'm bringing a whistle next time because it was impossible to talk over all the kids.
I am so tired right now. Those kids wore me out more than any 12 hour clinical does! :) It was fun though. They were so excited to see us when we got there. A couple times they had me doubled over in laughter. Always a good break from school.
Midterms are coming up, and I don't feel ready. I spent so much time studying for the checkpoint this week, and it still didn't pay off. How am I going to pass the midterm? I don't know what I will do if I don't pass. Please pray for me if you think about it, that I will apply myself and learn what I'm supposed to.
I'm starting to get excited about the fall/holliday season coming up. I love this time of year. I'm going to try to enjoy it regardless of the stress I'm going through. You know, if I wasn't stressed about school, it would be something else. So I'm trying to enjoy the little things I can even amidst the craziness. It's the only way to stay sane. Maybe in two weeks I'll get a pumpkin and carve it. And I'm going to start thinking about a Halloween costume too. ;) If I get through these midterms, there will be fun times ahead!
3 comments:
Mid-terms and 12-hour shifts. Ugh. I'm on my break from one of those lovely shifts right now. A word of advice: never work retail at an outlet.
Thanks for the commments. Yes... I've actually been thinking about Florida. A friend of mine went to FSU, so she's been talked that up to me a bit. Probably what I'll end up doing is send out my letters and resume to museums all over the country and just see what comes of it after May --so that I can try to get more experience and possibly an internship under my belt before heading to grad school.
Congrats on the half-way point in nursing school! And good luck with your mid-terms. I just got through my first batch, so I understand where you are at this point!
Well... need a room-mate? I've actually toyed with the idea of going south for grad school. Gina thought that it'd be cool and a friend of mine suggested FSU (her alma mater). Mom personally wants me to go to Indiana University. We'll see what happens. Right now I just need to get a job when I get out!
Post a Comment