Happy late Thanksgiving!
It was a great day. I had to work until 7am, so I slept until about 2:45. We ate a Thanksgiving lupper around 4:00 with the Kerchers and Warrens (friends who are family) and just had a good time visiting and being together. We planned the Friday morning shenanigans as well. Food was in abundance-- sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, turkey, stuffing, homemade mac'n'cheese, cranberry sauce, and my mom's famous homemade rolls! Dessert included apple pie, pumpkin pie, banana pie, ice cream, and homemade whipped cream. Am I making you hungry?
This morning we had our traditional Black Friday fun-- even though most of the stores opened at midnight last night, we still got up and left at 4am to hit the stores early. And we avoided the chaos of the doors opening and people rudely stampeding the aisles. I'd prefer it just the way it was today.
This afternoon I got a mani/pedi. My friend Lindsey had a great post about the importance of well-being. One of the things I do for myself is that. It's a way to relax, and it helps me feel better about myself when my toes and nails are painted. When I'm stuck wearing my ugly scrubs at work, at least my nails look pretty! Another thing is when I'm tired, I let myself rest. Take a nap. Watch an episode of NCIS (my new favorite show). What good am I if I'm always tired and stressed? My job takes a real toll on me. I think we are fooling ourselves when we feel as though we constantly have to be over-drawn, tired, stressed-- and that it's just the way it is. It's almost a martyr attitude (maybe a form of pride?). We don't know how to take time for ourselves, and I'm determined to do that. Perhaps as an introvert, it's easier for me than it might be for an extrovert.
Another old favorite I'm learning to love again: The Crocodile Hunter! That guy had a real passion for wildlife. Watch it and you'll love it too!
THE HOLIDAYS HAVE BEGUN!!!!!! YAY!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out. :)
Great post! I agree on the taking time for yourself bit (obviously). It really is the little things that make all the difference. A mani/pedi for you, a latte and some quiet time for me? ;)
Post a Comment