I've decided that there are four main types of blogs out there.
Mom blogs (10 extra points if it's a Mormon mom blog). I have to admit, I'm kind of addicted to these. Their lives often look picture-perfect. They post pictures of every minute, cute thing their kid does from drawing all over their faces with markers to little birthday celebrations with the kids covered in birthday cake.
The husband-worshiper blog. These blogs are nothing but a shrine to one's husband. We've all seen these, and often this one falls under the umbrella of the mom blog as well. These can be the most difficult to read. If you are going to write love letters to your husband, I can assure you: I do not need to read them! (and neither does anyone else) I believe that you love your husband and don't need to read your sonnets to believe it. It's kind of sick.
The pastor blog. I don't need to say much to describe this one: the mini sermons in a blog. Your daily bread in a blog. And I love these kinds. My pastors have never done these, though I wish they would. It's an easy way to become more accessible to your congregation.
The creative blog. Recipes, crafts, interior decorating, etc... all of these fall under the creative blogs. I'm insanely jealous of every woman who writes these, as I don't have one creative bone in my body. It's why I have friends like Lauren.
My blog doesn't fall under any of these, so if I may I will add a fifth. The stress-relief blog. I don't really blog for anyone other than myself. I'm not working to create a following of readers (I might argue that a few of the above-mentioned probably are). I have blogged for more than three years now on blogger, and long before that on xanga. I've always done this as a way to keep in touch with people, as well as to relieve stress, as I said before. I don't try to create a facade that my world is perfect, that I always do and say the right things. Occasionally I may say things I shouldn't, yes.
I keep a diary almost daily. I don't need my blog to be a diary. It is simply there for any who want to read it, but even if nobody does, I'm ok with it. I truly enjoy blogging. And I love reading other blogs.
If I come across as critical of other blogs here, I'm not trying to. If I've offended anyone, I'm sorry. You could easily argue that I can simply ignore the husband-worshiping blogs, since I probably gave those a bum rap over all the others. Ok, ok. I'll give you that much. Still, they are out there, and I can't be the only person who finds these obnoxious. No, no, I'm not simply bitter because I don't have a husband that I can blog-worship. Or am I? Hm...
Moving on. Today may be Monday to you, but to me it is Saturday. :) Happy weekend!
2 comments:
Hahahah, 10 points for the Mormons! They always seem to come out on top
I love this post! You're amazing. You make me laugh. Thanks for keeping it real, Nat! ;)
Post a Comment