Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Washington, DC: Day 4

A fuzzy last-day picture of the DC group!

Michael Buble's Christmas album came out while we were there! SO good! Check it out if you haven't already.

First stop: Union Station

We saw the post office museum. It was pretty cool and a lot more interesting than I expected.

Traveling by stage coach. Close quarters- it would have driven me crazy!

The dome of the Capitol.


The old post office.
They had a bunch of restaurants to choose from here, and then we took a tour of the old bell tower.

Eating our last DC meal!

As always, the last day of vacation is usually kind of a bummer. Not because it isn't fun, but at least for me there's that dreaded anticipation of going back to reality. Little did I know all that reality entailed, but all has turned out better than before.

This day I had one of my usual clumsy moments. (You don't live to be almost 6 feet tall and not spend half your life tripping over your feet and other various objects close to the ground) As we were walking up to the Capitol, I was videotaping. As we were walking, I turned to look at something and next thing I know my knee is crashing into a barrier that keeps cars from driving up the sidewalk. We had already gone past about four others, so I don't know why this one surprised me. That was one of the most painful experiences of my life (now I know what a 10 out of 10 really means!). I honestly thought I had shattered my kneecap or something for about the first ten minutes after it happened. Those barriers must be made of iron or titanium! Anyway, I spent the rest of the next few days limping and feeling sorry for myself but in the end I just bruised the patellar tendon, which is why it hurt so much to bend it.

That is the end of that story. And on the sick front, well I'm still kind of sick. Yesterday I thought I was completely over it, but last night was coughing up my lung and then some. I woke up this morning doing the same, which isn't so surprising, but I don't like that this nasty cough is hanging on. I don't get sick often at all and when I do, I'm kind of a big baby. I'll have some flatter abs when all this is over though.

I can't believe it is November!! I'm so excited about the Holidays coming up. I'm already listening to Christmas music. Haters back off! I love Christmas, and if I want to listen to Christmas music in March or July or November, I will. Thank you. Also. The red cups are here. That reason alone makes me want to go to Starbucks twelve times a day. All the Scrooges and Grinch's of the world can just grin it and bear it for the next two months.

2 comments:

pannedreview said...

Happy Kwanzaa!

Allison said...

That stagecoach is like the backseat of the car we road in.