The drive down was actually really nice. I've been down this way before but never drove it myself. Half of it was the Florida country roads, and I got to go through Ocala which is beautiful country (I love road trips by myself-- make that a scenic road trip, and it's win-win)! I don't go down that way ever. I'm used to the Orlando drive, which is ugly and boring.
I'm staying another night here. It has been really relaxing. On top of seeing Lindsey which has been a blast, she's staying in a beach house so we've gotten to walk on the beach, hang out and be lazy, plus do some touristy things. We did go to a fort about thirty-five minutes away from here yesterday, and both of us have decided that was the biggest mistake (i.e. it was really small, there was literally nothing to see but a couple of cannons). We spent all of 8 minutes there. I never thought I would appreciate the St. Augustine fort so much.
Last night we ate at Crabby Bill's. I'm not a seafood fan, but it was actually at my suggestion. It just seems right that when you are staying at a beach house, you should eat at a seafood restaurant. And a touristy one at that. I ate blackened salmon, which was delicious. The spiciness takes away from the fishiness. I'm sorry, I'm just not a big seafood fan. I don't see it as food. When I smell fish at a restaurant or grocery store, it smells the same as that dead fish those birds were feasting on at the beach. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Well, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I know I am, and after a pretty stressful three nights of work this past weekend, I am really appreciating a little relaxing. It'll be back to reality soon enough.
1 comment:
Love this post! :)
Glad you're having a good time. It'll be almost like old times once Allison gets here! :)
Post a Comment