Monday, November 29, 2010

Washington, DC: The Seventh Day

Inside the Library of Congress.

Security was really high around the Capitol.
That night when we watched the news, we found out why.

We were too tired to do much touring anymore,
So we spent awhile at Starbucks.

We finished the evening back in Fairfax at Five Guys.


We were so tired on the last day. I didn't post pictures of it, but we decided to start out earlier than usual and eat our last breakfast at the Market Lunch in Eastern Market. It was delicious! I hadn't gotten a chance to try their pancakes when we went on Saturday, and they were definitely the best I'd ever had. When we got into DC, we didn't really do much besides walk around. We walked around the Library of Congress for awhile, which was one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever seen. Then we went to the National Archives again, since the first day we'd gone and only had 30 minutes before closing. We got to see the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Wish we could have taken pictures, but oh well. All I could think of the whole time was National Treasure. Way to cherish those historical documents!

We were so tired, and finally hopped out early back to Fairfax. I was sad to say good bye to DC, although I was also kind of glad the trip was over. It was certainly one of the most wonderful weeks, but so tiring. We never got a chance to rest while we were there. My feet hurt, I was tired, and needed sleep. We ate at Five Guys, went back to the hotel, and woke up at 5 am so we could make it to Baltimore for our 10 am flight.

And now you know what we did in DC. I finally finished documenting it, even if it took me almost a month! I still at times find myself thinking about our trip, some of my favorite parts of it such as our time at Arlington Cemetery, or just traipsing around the District not knowing where we were going, and it makes me happy. They were good times. With all the stress in life, it is nice to know that at some point you can get a break from it all, away from home and responsibilities. Travel, see new places.

Thanksgiving break is about over for me, and it's back to work in the morning! I got five days off, so I can't complain. It was lazy and tiring, so I'm ready for a little routine back in life again. Now it's time to look forward to Christmas. Some things I'm looking to do: see the Rockettes, go to ICE! at Gaylord Palms in Orlando, maybe a trip to Disney, and see the Jacksonville Symphony. Just need to find someone to go with.

Happy Christmas Season!

No comments: