Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Today, I have a headache from work. And I have to work tomorrow, and I don't want to.

But today, I'm alive. I am living, breathing, healthy. I take in a deep breath, and know that alone is a gift from God because the next one is not guaranteed.

Today I not only am alive, I feel alive. At the risk of over-sharing, I spent all day curled up in bed yesterday because I simply could not face the world. Those days come more often than I wish they did, but do you know what? God is good. In Him, I have life! When did I forget that?

I have forgotten every single promise of God. Last night as I sat in BSF, I realized that. It suddenly became so clear to me, and I wondered how I forgot so easily. I am so thankful that I went to Bible study, because it refreshed me, it reminded me of why I live for Christ. It reminded me that I cannot simply trudge through life.

I think of my mom, my dad, my sisters, and my brother. I thank God for them. Though imperfect, I love my family. I have so much to be thankful for. I cannot live life with the covers over my head blocking out all light, all joy, all fellowship. There is too much living to be done.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: