We love my phone's little GPS system! It got us lost more than once. Such as: taking us to a random neighborhood in Alexandria Just because its street name happened to be Mt. Vernon.
Me: 6'0'' George Washington: 6'2'' He might have been the only eligible man for me back then.
Me and the Prez. Please don't laugh at how stupid I look.
Imagine if this was your backyard?
Me in front of G. Wash's house, Mt. Vernon. What I never knew, is that the original house was half that size, and he expanded on it after he moved in.
Picture with the common "necessary." Was it really necessary to have 3 toilets all out in the open in that little outhouse?
Can you imagine having an open field like this?
We ate at the Mt. Vernon Inn. I look really thrilled to be there, don't I? The food was really good.
When we were walking in, I told Allison I wanted to take a picture with this sign. She would not let me. But when we left, she changed her mind.
The Washington Monument is a lot bigger than you'd think!
The view of the Capitol from the Washington Monument. So pretty against the night sky, with the flags.
We ended the evening at the WWII Memorial. It was FREEZING cold! But we had fun.
This day was, hands down, the best day of our week in DC. We spent most of it at Mt. Vernon, as you can see. If you ever go to DC or Virginia or anywhere in the near vicinity, you need to make Mt. Vernon a priority. I really wanted to go, but honestly I didn't really think it was going to be that great. I thought ok, we can tour Washington's house, but what else is there really? There is a lot to see. There are about 40 more pictures I could have posted. Wouldn't you have loved that?!
We probably didn't get into DC until about 4 o'clock that day. I don't really remember what we did. I think we just went to our little Starbucks, then walked around the monuments in the dark. In the freezing cold. It was at least in the high 30s, and neither one of us were really dressed quite warm enough for it. But still, we had fun.
If there was one day I wish I could go back to during that week, it is this day. Although I was starting to think about how close to the end of our trip we were getting, (which is really stupid) so I was starting to get a little sad this day. But a fun day was had, to be sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment