Today's problem is an ear infection! Hurrah! This is so weird. Seriously, I rarely get sick. Especially sick enough to keep me home for four days (bordering on five if I don't get better before work tomorrow). I am beyond annoyed. I was awake almost 2 hours in the middle of the night with an earache and sinus headache combined. But it actually wasn't terrible, because Home Improvement (one of my favorite shows) was on from 4:00-5:00, and the Cosby Show (another all-time favorite) was on from 5:00-6:00. I have started antibiotics, which should get me feeling better before long. It looks like I've finally gotten over the sore throat, and most of the coughing, but like I said, it has now settled in my ear and my sinuses.
I realized today, that the last three times (including this one) that I have been sick, I have been pretty sick. Colds used to be something of a nuisance to me, and no more. However, senior year of college Thanksgiving: sick for 8 days, completely lost my voice, was miserable for a few of those days. August 2009 just after graduation: 6 weeks of a terrible cough, difficulty breathing, turned out to be bronchitis. And now this. Nothing else in between however. I seem to do a pretty good job avoiding everything else that goes around, while randomly picking up something stupid in between. Hm, maybe I need to re-think telling people I don't get sick. Looks like I do. But I say that because usually when everybody I know catches something, I'm the one who doesn't.
I started watching the show 30 Rock on Netflix today. Pretty good. Last night's movie was 10 Things I Hate About You. I saw some of it when I was in early high school, but was never into it really. But considering Heath Ledger is in it, I decided I need to see it. It's also my oldest sister Melissa's favorite high school movie.
I sure hope that this earthquake in Chile does not cause tsunamis. That's really scary how they are putting warnings out to everyone in the ring of fire! Just another reason why the west coast is not a place I could live. Earthquakes and volcanoes scare the daylights out of me. Instead I live in Florida where we get hurricanes. But at least with hurricanes you get warning and know somewhat what to expect.
I'm sorry for this very random, very long, and very boring post. You have no idea how bored I have been. Literally all I have done the last 3.5 days is sleep, lay around, watch TV, watch movies, sleep, etc. Don't ask why I'm saying this, but I'm wearing the same thing right now that I had on Thursday. I suppose you're allowed to do that when you're sick, but that is disgusting. Ok, ok, a shower and new outfit will be in order today. I'm determined to be back at work in the morning. I don't know, maybe being sick hasn't been the worst thing in the world. It's just I feel like there is very little purpose each day. And don't you know as soon as I'm back at work I'll be complaining about it again?
Right now I want to hear out of my ear again, eat a hot meal, and be ready to work tomorrow. Here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment