This was our subtle way of asking if we could decorate the Christmas tree... by turning Allison into a Christmas tree... that holds stockings. I think this is in 1995, judging by my hair.Remember these days? What a different life. Would I go back? I don't think so. But it's fun to remember times like these did exist, even if they are not like that now. Though my life is in no way difficult, remembering does help me when I feel overwhelmed by the circumstances and stress of life.
Anyone else excited about the Olympics? Winter Olympics are not my favorite. But it does take me back to my childhood days, when my sisters and I obsessively followed figure skating. We used to put on figure skating competitions in the driveway in our roller blades. I was probably the worst of us all, but I still loved it. I once even skated to Little Mermaid's "Poor Unfortunate Souls." Not much you can do with that one. I'm hoping that I will be able to watch as much as possible, but with them being on the west coast everything is going to be really late. Isn't it a 3 hour difference? Ok, I guess that isn't so bad.
I'm on a day off right now, so glad! Monday and yesterday were great days at work, and I can only hope tomorrow might be the same! But you never know. It is so unpredictable. Today I like my job. Had you asked me last week, I would have said very differently.
On to conquer the day! Today's goal: relax, find something warm for Ohio, and watch the Office. Attainable goals, right? Hope you have a good one!

2 comments:
I am getting excited about the figure skating!
Let me just say, we were the best at figure skating roller blade style. And remember downhill skiing too?? That second picture is hilarious and a great homage to our childhood. We indeed were some quirky little kids and I'm glad to attest that not much has changed since then!
Hooray for Olympics!! My days off will be full of Olympic goodness!
Post a Comment