Things I love about traveling:
Usually you travel to see someone. Someone you haven't seen in a long time. I love seeing new places, exploring, and in my case, seeing snow. I love seeing old friends, staying up later than usual and sleeping in way later than usual. I love not working. I love having fewer obligations to the world.
What do I hate about it?
When it's over! Why are we always so miserable after vacation? You would think we would be refreshed, but I have never been that way. Not to mention, I felt myself coming down with something on Monday, the day I traveled home, and did not feel well at all at work yesterday. I didn't feel like a safe nurse. I felt like a bad nurse, a nurse who could not think on her feet. I called a doctor to get orders, and I always, always write down doctor's orders and read them back. That's what we do. I hung up the phone, had written nothing down, and could not remember at all what the doctor had said. Talk about feeling stupid calling them back.
So after waking up at 2:30 this morning, my throat hurting even more, my head feeling like someone had put rocks in it, and feeling like I wanted to throw up, I called out sick. I hate doing that, I really do. In fact, I have never called out sick! I have vivid memories of being a Publix cashier with a migraine, unable to see straight, and still working. But considering I did not go back to sleep this morning until almost 4:00, and have since then slept off and on until 10:45, and still feel yucky, it's probably best. I do not get sick very often at all. And normally I do not care that much when I do, but I scared myself a few times at work yesterday. And that is unsafe.
I have yet to venture away from the couch, but I think I might try. I really hope I am better for work by Friday. I really don't like not being there when I'm supposed to! Until then, there will be lots of cough drops and saltine crackers eaten. Yum.
I sure hope the rest of Bumblyburg is having a better day than I am!
1 comment:
Hope you feel better. :( Being sick is no fun at all.
On a happier note: It was great to see you!
Post a Comment