Monday, April 13, 2009

Return of Reality

"The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am His
And He is mine forever.

"Where streams of living water flow
My ransomed soul He leadeth,
And, where the verdant pastures grow,
With food celestial feedeth.

"Perverse and foolish oft I strayed
But yet in love He sought me.
And on His shoulder gently laid,
And home rejoicing brought me."

-John B. Dykes

Just a beautiful hymn I love, and heard it last night for the first time in awhile. I had a great Easter weekend. I did not get anything done, but I got to spend time with family and friends. That is something I haven't done in a long time.

Easter was spent with the Kerchers. It was a great day and included our traditional walk. Lauren even surprised us by showing up when we thought she would be with Aaron! That made the day even more fun! The Kerchers are my second family.

Exactly one week from today I will be finishing up my last exam of my fourth semester in nursing school. At that point I will officially be a "Fifth Semester" student! Emphasis added because it seems only a few months ago I sat in our orientation, having information about classes, clinicals, community hours, schedules, etc thrown at me from all directions and feeling more overwhelmed than I had in my entire life. At that point I wasn't even sure if I would make it through the first semester. I thought the next two years seemed absolutely insurmountable, yet here I am, almost to the top of that "mountain." So much more to go, though, because I have not only this summer to think about but the NCLEX and finding a job. Wow, the adult world isn't what it's cracked up to be. Maybe school is a lot easier than the real world.

So, now that the weekend is over is back to the usual studying. I have community hours today because I have about six more left to do before school ends. I figure that between today, Wednesday, and next Monday, I should hopefully get all of the hours that I need. I have been very frustrated with community work this semester- in fact I feel as though every semester has pretty much been that way. Forced volunterism isn't really volunteering, and that just makes me not want to do it.

Anyway, gotta get back to studying. I have a lot to do in the next week.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the ever-approaching fifth semester status! You are almost done....