Ahh, another lazy day down. I think today I've got to buckle down and get some things done. I took about a five hour nap yesterday- yikes!
And just wanted to point out that the phrase we use when people get married, "starting their life together," is kind of a funny and annoying phrase (when in reality, a more accurate way to phrase it would be ending their lives together... ok KIDDING). I don't know why. What do you say when you're single, "I'm continuing my life?" It's just kinda funny. Or maybe it's just that life doesn't really begin until you're married (ha!). It's like the phrase of finding someone who "completes" you. Like we're broken halves until we find the right person. That basically sucks. I'm also a proponent of holding showers for people who reach a certain age and are still single. It's kind of unfair to give presents to people just because they are getting married.
I think the beach sounds positively heavenly today. It's supposed to be above 80 today.
Has anybody seen the video of Miss California? I don't know if I'd take the argument that she lost the crown because of her stance against same-sex marriage (although Perez Hilton did lower her points because of her answer), but she is definitely being slammed for having that opinion. I think that's kind of sad. If she would have gone on in her answer to hate on gay people, I would understand, but she didn't. She didn't even come across as judgmental. You can't even really have much of an opinion anymore without being criticized unless it's a PC one. Would they rather her have lied about her opinions? Well, probably. Just as long as no one is offended!
Anyway, sorry for the random post. I think I need to find something to do.
1 comment:
Hello Nat,
I have to say straight off the bat that I am quite jealous of you with a completed semester. ;) As you can guess, I am not done and I am currently taking a 'study break'.
Thanks for your thoughts on being 'single' and the language issue surrounding it. I've actually had a couple people comment on the fact that if you're looking for someone to 'complete' you, you shouldn't be looking. ;) The message that this sends people about, not being complete until you find that 'one' is fraught with problems. From the single person who's so fixated on being married, and being 'complete' that they can't live a full life, to those who've gotten married and realized that it wasn't what they were looking for in the first place, that statement is just a bunch of problems waiting to happen.
Post a Comment