Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blessings Counted

I live a very blessed life.

Sometimes I want to move out of my house so badly, to be independent and on my own. But this very fact shows that I have loving parents who have not minded providing for me these past four years.

I have to get up more often than I'd like to at 4:30 am. And be able to function. But I do this because I get to go to clinical and learn, and prepare myself for my future career.

I get so sick of school and studying on some days. But I'm privileged enough to even be in school.

Sometimes I am so stressed, I can't stand it. But I am busy, and I am capable of handling the stress.

Every month I have a period with cramps that I'm pretty darn sure would make a grown man cry. But this monthly event only reminds me that I have a healthy, functioning body.

Today I looked in the mirror with dismay- curves in the wrong places, pants fitting just a bit snug. But I'm not starving.

I find it difficult to maintain friendships on some days. But I have friends, I love them, and I'm pretty sure they love me too.

I don't have much. But I have more than I need.

Every day I complain about school, about stress, about my family, about my body image, and the list could go on. I have so much, and even these things I complain about are blessings I do not deserve. Think about your blessings today.

No comments: