I made it to the end of yet another semester! One more to go- and I'll be graduated.
My life has literally revolved around school my entire life. College graduation and the "real world" have always been down the road- that teeny tiny light barely visible at the end of the proverbial tunnel. I'm really scared right now of emerging out of here- diploma in hand, those three little letters "BSN" behind my name, and hopefully after a successful go at the NCLEX the title of RN. That means I have to get a job. A job where I'm responsible for people. A job where I am the one standing between them and the doctor, between them and a DVT, or an infection, and the list could go on. A job where one error in medication could be catastrophic. Oh my goodness- can I really do that?
And it's not only the job that scares me- but I won't be a college student. I will be a single young woman, on my own, dealing with real life grown-up things. I'm not really sure where to go with that. I actually feel like my life will be losing some of its purpose without school. Yes, even with all of my complaining, I do love school.
But at the same time- I'm about to enter my last semester of nursing school and am absolutely stoked! I couldn't be more excited about graduation. I have such mixed feelings about it all. I guess I'm just glad I have a few more months left.
Three weeks of a break, and I'm going to enjoy it. :)
2 comments:
Yes, it's funny how school - as frustrating as it can be - provides some sort of purpose and structure to life.
There are days when I really miss the solidarity of it: syllabi that outline exactly what is expected, grades that quantify progress, semester-divisions to give closure and promise of change and a fresh start....
It's exciting, though, that you're going to get to take all of that hypothetical, theoretical knowledge and gives wings to it in real people's lives! Scary, for sure, but so cool!
I completely agree with you. One thing is for sure, school is fulfilling and you definitely know what is expected of you. I think what will be the strangest of all is August and January, without the start of a new semester.
Post a Comment