Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break is HERE! :)





Good times hanging out with friends at the beach- it was a very foggy day but we managed to have fun!

So spring break is officially and finally here. !!! This week I plan to

1. Clean and re-organize my room- it is long overdue
2. Relax
3. Go to the beach
4. Read at least one book
5. Get ahead on schoolwork

All right, so you can see my priorities are not exactly with school this week. I will try to be somewhat productive, but I do want to enjoy my break!

Friday nursing interviews were held for students who will be entering the nursing program in May. I helped out with it and basically talked with groups before they went into their interviews. It was a lot of fun, and we did a lot of reminiscing because students were asking us questions about the program and different semesters. I know it sounds cheesy, but I almost teared up a few times when my classmate and I were sharing with the group about our class and it's cohesiveness. I have been so blessed to be part of such an awesome group of people. It's just sad to me to think of not seeing everybody anymore after July. I definitely look forward to graduation, but I will miss everyone so much. I have made some amazing friends in this program.

Afterwards I went to the beach with a few friends, and it was disappointingly foggy. It was a beautiful sunny day, and when we were two miles away from the beach we hit a wall of fog and it never went away. It felt like we were at the beach in Maine. We still had a good time though, and walked around some of the shops that were nearby. We even found a cute local coffee shop, which I will definitely go to again. There aren't a lot of those around here.

I'm definitely ready for this break. I just want to enjoy it. It is, after all, my last spring break! This time next year I will be a working woman, in the real world. What a scary but exciting thought! Who knows where I'll be at that point.

1 comment:

Li said...

I cannot believe you went to the beach. It is 46F here and at this point I consider that positively balmy. Hope you are enjoying your break!