Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mr. Nasty

Do you ever feel as though you've become the worst version of yourself?

I realize that is a line from You've Got Mail, but it definitely reflects how I feel right now. I'm in one of those moods tonight, and feel as if I have treated certain members of my family terribly. I have been nagging, contradictory, argumentative, demeaning, and just downright rude. And even while I'm retorting back with my sarcastic comments, inwardly I'm hating myself for what's coming out of my mouth at that moment. Yet I still say it, I still choose to treat the people I love so hatefully. And to top it off, "Hello, it's Mr. Nasty!" But in all seriousness, it's really how I'm feeling right now. I'm such a jerk and I hate that about myself.

And I have to point out that as I type this, both of my parents are sitting in front of the TV watching Jay Leno. Weird. And they are laughing at it.

Spring break has become a boring drag and quite honestly I'm ready to get back into the routine of classes. So far I have managed to sit on my butt and watch TV. And yes, I have cleaned, and I have read, and I have gone to the beach, but most of my time has been spent at home doing not much of anything at all. I suppose I should enjoy it, knowing that the next month will be pretty crazy. It's times like these that I realize how much I actually enjoy school (no matter how much I may complain about it). Well, my new goal is to thoroughly enjoy what I have left of spring break.

No comments: