Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Getting Old

I just had a meeting with workforce, and it looks like I might be able to get some assistance with my summer semester. I'm hoping and praying it works out, because otherwise we're talking about more loans to build up my mountain of debt. I wish there were some way to get through school without loans. I will enter the fall with not a penny to my name, but I will have a degree, damn it! And a $500 class to prepare myself for NCLEX, which, I might add, I have to pay for as well. It's gonna be a fun ride.

It is really odd to begin talking about graduation and a degree. For years a bachelor's degree has always been some abstract concept seemingly out of my reach. And now we are talking about it as if it's really going to happen?! When did I become an adult? I still feel as if I'm a 16-year-old trying to figure out her life. I will be 22 this summer, and quite honestly that is a depressing thought. Twenty-one is such a fresh age. I'm twenty-one, I'm at the pinnacle of my life (which is actually somewhat depressing- is this really as good as it's gonna get?), ready to go wherever God leads. Twenty-two is so... well, you're just in your twenties at that point. Just for me personally that is depressing. Could you say it's over the hill? ;)

Ah, Twilight... yes, folks, this was the weekend you have all been waiting for. It is on dvd (or blu-ray for those not in the dark ages)! And being the lame nerd I am, I bought it. Laugh if you will but I love it! It actually amazes me the amount of twentysomethings that are into Twilight. Of course the series is more appropriate for a 21 year old than a 12 year old. I was so impressed with my cousin who would not let her daughter read the fourth book. That's a first.

Spring break is over, but this week's schedule is almost as empty as last. I only have class on Thursday, because we have no clinical or quiz reviews. I almost don't know what to do with myself. Other than a project to tweak, I don't have much to do. Next semester is going to be a punch in the stomach after this one. I'm pretty sure it will feel like third semester all over again. Nooo! But there will be an end very near in sight.

And that's enough rambling for today. Spring is here so go outside and enjoy some SUN and blue sky.

3 comments:

Li said...

I'm sorry. You aren't allowed to label yourself as 'old'. I am almost three years older than you. So, if you are old, I am decrepit.

Natalie said...

Like I said, it's just how I feel personally. It's very subjective. I don't think of anybody older than me as old, it's just the way I'm feeling about the next stage in life for myself.

Anonymous said...

Yes, 22 is rather ... blah. But there it is, I am just in my twenties now ... and, soon, so shall you be! ;)