I remember about a year ago, I happened to pick up Dr. Seuss's book once again, Oh, the Places You'll Go! I had read it many times before, but not since I was much younger. And it had never really meant a whole lot to me before that. But one particular section stood out to me during that time last year whenever I first began to think about travel nursing. I posted it here. I remember thinking about that Waiting Place. Because that Waiting Place was where I was then, and had been for a long time.
Always waiting, for what I never knew. For things to happen to me, I guess. Maybe a husband, or a great new job offer, or just for things to "get better" (whatever that means, right?). And never really doing the things that I wanted to do because I was always hoping for some "aha!" moment, or something to drastically change. My life was very much the same for quite a long time, and I was frustrated. I felt I was watching life happen to everyone else.
So here I am, over a year later and I've finally pursued what I really wanted to do. And yes, it has been really stressful. But I'd rather be where I am, even if this isn't something I do forever, than sitting and wondering about the things that could be. I don't want to spend my life just waiting for things to happen to me, but rather making them happen. Isn't that how you'd rather live?
I have been really stressed, but honestly if I weren't here, I'd just be sitting back home. Always wondering about all the what-if's and could-have-been's. Stress and all, this is what I wanted, and I'm so glad I did it.
1 comment:
:)
Post a Comment