Sunday, November 10, 2013

I'm in California!

Hello from California!

It has been a SUPER DUPER BUSY week and a half.

For a better update than I can provide here (and mainly for lack of time, as I'm currently sitting at a cute diner called Shari's Pies since I have no wifi), I will send you over to mine and Bela's blog about our travels.  Right HERE! (The link is also on the right side of the blog under blogs I follow, in case you want to just follow that blog.... between Bela and I, there will probably be a lot more detailed updates there!)

I will say that California has been so different than anything I ever expected.

We have run into the kindest, friendliest people ever.  And we are from the south!  I feel so lucky to be where I am right now.  It is definitely really scary, but it's where I'm supposed to be.  And it's not been a walk in the park, either.

We finally got settled into our apartment today.  It really hit me then.  This whole last week and a half have seemed like whirlwind of excitement, travels, new job, meeting people, etc.  Then we got to the apartment, things were quiet-- and I looked around and realized this is it.  I'm 3000+ miles away from home.  And I felt homesick, I really did.  It passed after a few minutes, but I know it will come and go in waves over the next few weeks.  Especially as the Holidays are approaching.  Thankfully I have my best friend Bela here, and we can both be homesick together and hopefully cheer each other up.

With all of that, I still know that I am in the right place.  That I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  And I'm scared.  This new job scares me.  It will be very similar as far as the nursing bit goes, but their computer charting system is incredibly daunting and something I will have to learn very quickly.  Any prayers and good thoughts are appreciated.

I will try to be back here more often for updates.  Here's hoping for a great first full week of work, and meeting more great people!

No comments: