Friday, November 15, 2013

A little better today...

Things are looking a little brighter today.  I thought that with yesterday's somewhat depressing post, I'd better write another update today so nobody is too worried... ;)

Yes, it is still hard.  Part of why I feel better is I've also been off of work the past two nights.  Tomorrow night I have to go back in and be on my own on the floor.  Honestly, the biggest issue for me there is that I'm completely new to this system of charting.  I'm just not used to it.  The patient care is the same, of course.  But when you can hardly figure out the computer system it just puts you behind on everything else in general, which makes it really hard.  Not to mention the support system just isn't the same for a travel nurse on the floor as it is for a permanent nurse on the floor.

Anyway.  Yes, I've been off today.  Bela had to work tonight, 3-11:30, so I am currently sitting at a coffee shop (Peet's Coffee and Tea... nice to have something besides Starbucks!  Though I do still love Starbucks...) for internet since we still don't have any at the apartment.

I took a really nice walk today.  A couple of days ago on a walk, I decided to go a little bit further and discovered a beautiful park with rolling hills and beautiful views.  Today I decided to walk that park.  Let me tell you, a walk sounds like a nice, leisurely activity, and it was to a point.  But those hills were KILLER!  I've never walked anything like that before unless it was a hiking trip.  Not to mention the weather here is just cold all the time.  By the end my hands were numb and I could barely move them.  I decided that I needed some warm workout clothes (never needed that before), so I found some nice fleece jackets at Ross.  Gonna need to get some gloves too... definitely wasn't expecting this kind of weather in California!

Thankfully, things are looking up today.  I know that's easy to say when I'm relaxing in a coffee shop, and we'll see how I feel tomorrow when I'm walking into work at 2300.  I'm praying for it to be not so overwhelming... we shall see!

No comments: