Rainy, gray morning, 40 degrees, dark skies...
This makes very good sleeping weather after 3 nights of work. World, don't bother me for at least 6 hours.
This week of work has been good to me. I am so glad for that, after the last several before that. Not that they were the worst, but they were definitely tiring and with only 2 nights off between both sets of 3-in-a-row's, I'm glad that I got these past 3 nights of a little less chaotic craziness.
I got a patient last night, and the nurse calling report had given me all the information I needed. She paused, and said, "Let me warn you... he's a little weird." So I started going through all the usual weird-patient factors in my mind- gross old man, a little hands-y, schizophrenic (not that I'm calling them weird... but they can say/do some bizarre things), exhibitionist.... etc, etc. Then, "He asked me if I'm a born-again Christian. He keeps his Bible next to his bed and was watching Billy Graham." I didn't even know what to say to that, so I just said a lame "Oh."
I was even waiting for him to be a Bible-thumper type, but he wasn't even that. He was as normal as a person can be, very sweet, genuine. I just thought it was odd, that as a nurse who has probably seen some of the craziest things (and believe me, we see some pretty crazy stuff), she chose to tell me how weird he was for being a Christian and actually talking about it.
My mind is no longer functioning. Must sleep......
No comments:
Post a Comment