Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm now three days into my facebook cleanse. It actually hasn't been too bad. The first day was really hard, because I can't tell you how many times I would get bored and reach for my phone to check my facebook. Now, that doesn't happen as much. I may only do this a couple weeks, but I want to hold out for as long as I can. And when I come back to facebook, I'm going to try to limit my use of it much more than before.

I have one more night of work tonight before my work week is done and I get six nights off. My first night I got floated to our Department of Corrections floor, which I was not happy with. I was almost in tears on my way over there. It wasn't my first time there, and the other time was terrible. It actually did not end up being too bad. Honestly my night last night on my own floor was much worse. I hardly sat down except to chart all night last night, which is rare for a night shift. There is usually at least a little down time for a couple hours between 1 am and 4 am.

This week, I've been on an Adventures in Odyssey kick. Yes, I'm 23 and I still love to listen to them. I grew up on those radio shows, and hearing them takes me back about 15 years or more. I learned a lot about Biblical principles from those shows, and even when I hear them now I love the simple truths they teach. Of course, life isn't quite as simple as life in Odyssey, but there is something really comforting and nostalgic about their simpler problems with easier solutions. Although the earlier episodes actually dealt with a lot deeper issues than those in later years. It always bothered me that they started dealing with more shallow issues (early on they deal with teen pregnancy, divorce, drugs, satanic practices, and later on they stopped hitting on those issues at all).

After tonight, six nights off. I hope it doesn't go too quickly, and that I don't sleep 80% of the time! Ha!

No comments: