I have just come off two quite difficult days at work. First day was horrible, and I walked in the second day to find that I was being floated for the first time! Doesn't sound bad, but being new, I still feel like I'm getting used to my floor, and having to learn my way around an entirely new floor is tough. Plus, there was not the same support system that we have on our floor with all the nurses. Work can really stink, but I have come to accept that as a fact, and try not to get worked up about it. I do feel as though I'm finally coming into my role as a nurse, though slowly at times. I find that being a nurse is becoming so much a part of my identity, something I never thought it would be. I never wanted that, I mean who wants their job to define them? But I don't really feel as though being a nurse is entirely confined to work.
Anyway. Enough, enough with the work talk! Monday my cousin drove into town because her spring break cruise happened to be leaving from one of the ports here. So Lauren and I drove her and her friends over and dropped them off, and on we went to the zoo! I haven't been to the zoo in a long time, and it was so much fun! I forgot how fun it can be. Afterward we ate at Moe's, then went to Artsy Abode (my favoritest store) and I bought this, only in pink. It's a fun watch, and I've been needing one for work for a long time. It's something fun to add to my boring work uniform. Then I pretended I wasn't working the next day, and hung out at the Kerchers until about 9:30 (trust me, that's late when I have to get up for work!). All in all, it was a great day, one of the best in a long time.
Recovering today, and back to work tomorrow. I have Easter weekend off, which I am so excited! We are having Easter with our Florida "family," the Kerchers! Yeah!!! I love our holiday celebrations! If I'm not back before then, Happy Easter!!!!
1 comment:
I'm so excited!! I love that watch, I have been needing one. I want a cute one that says, I'm young and hip and I'm cute. I think your watch says it all!
Work! I have accepted that it is what it is. I might not always love it/like it, but I need to do it and it is good for me despite the stress it brings.
Post a Comment