Saturday, April 17, 2010

High School Obsessions...

Lord of the Rings was a high school obsession of mine. Although I do say I still love it as much as I did then! Who can't help but love those movies?

Pirates of the Caribbean came out when I was 16. Already in love with Orlando Bloom from LOTR, I was obsessed with it before it even came out. Brings back great memories!

Of course, I have never been a big Star Wars buff, but when the movies came out in the early 2000s, it was the "in" thing. I even cried during the 3rd movie when Anakin turned to the dark side.

And, if we are talking about high school obsessions, I can't leave out Orlando Bloom. LOVED him. Enough said.

Smallville was probably one of the first "cool" TV shows I was allowed to watch. It used to scare me too because I wasn't used to anything so "intense." Ha! I think Tom Welling was my first celebrity crush too. (Look at him! Who couldn't have a crush on him?)

Survivor. Definitely the first TV show I ever followed. (can you tell I was sheltered?) I have watched it off and on the last few years, and find that I can still get just as addicted to it.

Can't forget, my love for singers like Josh Groban and Michael Buble began in late high school, and have never diminished to this day. I'm still just as clumsy, just as awkward (ok, so maybe not quite), and just as fashion-challenged today as I was then. A lot of things have changed, too. I know how to do my hair now, my pants size has gone up bit (and I've learned that doesn't matter all that much!), and I've also learned that Christian romantic fiction lies through their cheesy little fictitious words (Thad? Gilbert Winslow? Shiloh? Pretense Paul? Tucker? All lies!!!).

High school. Oh, those were the days. I am sure my high school experiences are vastly different from most kids' (hello... home school!) but still the same in a lot of ways. My parents didn't entirely separate us from society, and I still went through many of the same insecurities, ups and downs, crushes, etc... Though I'd never, ever want to go back, it's still nice to remember the days.

No comments: