Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Very Tired, Random Post

Just when I had thought things were starting to get better, and I was getting the hang of my job... well, surprise! It has been a really awful couple weeks of work. I'm not sure what is going on that is so different, but I'm hoping that it slows down soon. I came home Sunday night from work, more exhausted than I'd ever been from work and collapsed on the couch at 9:00. Yesterday I had already taken a 2-hour nap by 1:00pm, and was good for nothing the entire day, including another short nap at 7:00. Wow. Thank goodness this weekend came before 3 days off, because I know I couldn't be back at work today or even tomorrow.

On the bright side: beach today! Yeah! The sun is high, the sky is blue, and no rain is forecast until tonight at least. Speaking of which, I am also ready for the Florida afternoon rain storms to begin. In Florida in the summer if it isn't one of our drought years, just about every single afternoon at 3:00pm, it rains. Sometimes it's for only 20 minutes or so, but I love it when it turns into one of those thunderstorms you just want to curl up in your bed with a good book and listen to. Ohhh, I love summer, even though I also hate it.

Speaking of reading: I have finally started reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I know, I know, I've been a LOTR fan for how many years and I still haven't read them?! But I finally am, and regret not having done it sooner. There's a lot of background information you just don't get from the movies. Which is funny, because I've always wondered why people wanted to watch Harry Potter but not read the books, for that same reason.

I just realized the other day that it is "finals week," and I'm not taking finals! Usually this time of year I'm studying feverishly, but not this year! It really is a good feeling, although I do miss that feeling of being done and feeling free. You don't get that with a job. Last year at this time I was facing an entire summer semester ahead of me. How miserable that was, although it wasn't really as bad as I'd thought it would be. It never really felt like summer if I ignored the calendar, and I also knew graduation was at the end of it. And speaking of graduation, that was 9 months ago! What?! I'm going on 7 months at my job... 7 months a working RN? Doesn't seem possible.

No comments: