Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Good Couple Days




An awesome couple of days were spent in Orlando. I drove down after work on Tuesday. And in the morning, off we were to Disney! I know I have probably been to Disney too many times (though I don't think that's possible), but each day has its own special memories. Yesterday we got to the park, a little grumpy because a) I had not gotten my coffee, and b) we were forced to ride the ferry boat with hoards of people because the monorails were shut down for maintenance. We decided to take the detour through Cinderella's Castle since later on in the day they close it off for all the shows. On a whim, we ate breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table! It was awesome! It's so dorky, but we had an awesome time. It included a picture with Cinderella before breakfast, all you can eat food (excellent too- not your typical Disney fare) and four princesses visiting your table for pictures. You better believe that we took pictures with all of them! After several rides, we headed on over to Epcot for the flower and garden show where we enjoyed a pretzel and a drink in Germany (beer for Allison, diet coke for me).

A better day could not have been spent, and we ended it with Chinese food, drinks, and Lord of the Rings with Kristi Vechik. I'm always sad to come back, but you know I'll be back again! I do not regret buying my Disney pass one bit, and I never tire of going.

It was great to have some fun and kick back without any stress. Work has gotten extremely difficult lately, and the responsibility and stress of it has been weighing on me very heavily. I am questioning my reasoning for going into this field, and just feel very scared by it. I'm not sure if I can do it anymore. I walk into work, and immediately am at peoples' every beck and call. I must be everything to everyone, and it's never enough. It is just really hard. Thank goodness for days off, and hopefully for better days as well.

No comments: