The Dick Van Dyke Show. I grew up on this show. I still watch it and am falling out of my seat with laughter every time. This guy is hilarious! It will always be a favorite!
Again, this show also keeps me laughing. It is probably one of the best sit coms ever. I have always wished I could have been around when it was first made, being one of those housewives who saved every Monday evening for I Love Lucy.
Ella Fitzgerald (along with Louis Armstrong, below) were among the first jazz music I ever liked. The two of them together were great.
Bing Crosby... great singer, great actor. I loved him first because of the movie Holiday Inn, and then White Christmas, but have also come to appreciate his music.
I have always felt something akin to Nat King Cole... maybe it's the shared nickname? This guy had the smoothest voice you will ever hear in your life. I used to only know him for his featured Christmas songs on my Christmas cds, but have come to love all of his other music as well. He sang some of the most romantic songs, and his voice only made them that much more so.
And last, but not least, my first love: Frank Sinatra! I started listening to him when I was 15, and it was probably the first time I had ever listened to "old" music. Before that I had always thought it was lame. This guy had the most classic voice, you can't help but love him when you hear him sing, his reputation aside.Yes, I realize I only featured the old in my favorite things list, and I could probably continue with many other things I love that aren't from 50 or more years ago. Maybe another time, right? I have always wished I lived during my grandparents' generation. Not to say those days were perfect, or maybe not even better than today, but I have always had a fascination with it. Which would probably explain the draw that all of the above has for me. Anyway, here's to not being cool at all.
3 comments:
Ummm, are you copying my thinking?? I am writing a blogpost on I love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke show. I started it last night and didn't finish it yet. Weird...
Maybe we really are telepathically linked... these are entirely my own thoughts.
Dick Van Dyke is a hilarious show...and thanks to netflix it's avaialble through online streaming (all 5 seasons).
Post a Comment