Wednesday, January 14, 2009

School

Half-way through another week! I had two days of clinical this week- one on the floor and one in the Peds ER. ER was really boring. My teacher warned us that the nurses there really don't like students, and she wasn't kidding. I will never let myself get to that point as a nurse where I treat students like they are stupid. Everyone had to be a student at some point in their lives! We all have to start somewhere.

So yes, pediatrics is really cool. I didn't think I would enjoy it, but I really do. I'm actually considering it now, although we'll see how I feel in seven weeks when I finish the rotation. I have to say that this semester is a completely different experience than last semester. It is so much more relaxed. Not necessarily easier, but just not as stressful.

Before I went inside I was looking at my name badge that, and I noticed something- my face was really round last year! It's not really that big of a difference, but I was actually pleased to see some of that baby fat is gone. I have a pink face and sometimes I think I look a lot younger than I really am, although I do get people thinking I'm really old because of my height. Anyway, just something interesting I noticed. You don't really think you can change much in a year. Something else I've noticed- I'm starting to get lines around my eyes! Isn't that supposed to happen a lot later?! I'm 21!! I guess aging is quite unavoidable, why not just get it over with? ;)

I've recently started car pooling with a girl in my class who also lives on this side of town, which has been awesome. I have never really gotten a chance to get to know her, and now I'm so happy because as a result I'm making a new friend. In a year and a half in this program there are so many people I haven't gotten a chance to get to know. That's what has been so neat to me about having switched to completely new clinical groups twice now (which has never been intentional, but happened by chance). People I might never have talked to simply because our paths never crossed, I'm now good friends with. Imagine if we always got to stay in our comfort zone.

This weekend I'm going to Orlando!!! I'm so happy to get away. Melissa will be down there also because she is in a wedding, so I'll get to see her. :) It will be fun.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Speaking of fat faces: my badge from work has my fatty face. And now, its not so roundish. Plus I have long hair and no glasses in the photo. Probably not my favorite picture of myself. And its my work badge.