Monday, January 19, 2009

3 Day Weekend

I have had a great weekend in Orlando, and I don't want it to end. I'm not ready to go back to early mornings and long hours of lectures- but the worst is almost behind me- at least concerning the schedule. I do need to really buckle down with studying.

I got here Friday evening and hung out at Allison's. Saturday we picked up Hannah and John and went to Downtown Disney for a few hours. We just walked around and looked in the stores. Of course none of us had money for anything there, and anyway what is the fun in buying Disney stuff when you aren't even going to Disney World? I need to make a trip out to Magic Kingdom sometime for a day. It has been two years now. I'm one of those people who won't ever be too old to go to Disney World and enjoy it like a little kid! :) Anyway, we had fun just walking around. We pretty much bummed around the rest of the day, and yesterday Allison, Melissa, and I went to Allison's church. Then Hannah, Mom, and John came over for the evening and ate supper with us. And now today I have to go home. :( Why does life have to suck all the time? Some day I just want to enjoy life- I feel like I don't enjoy it. I guess I could put on a facade that life is fine and dandy, but it really isn't.

School this semester has been pretty good, really. Yeah, the lectures have been long (we went six hours on Friday), but honestly it's a lot more "fun" material than anything we studied last semester. Adult health is anything but boring, but I wouldn't exactly describe it as fun either. It was the level of difficulty that kept it from being fun. I do really need to crack down on studying now though. After coming home from long hours, the last thing I have wanted to do is study, so I haven't. But that's ending now and I really need to get on top of things. I'm not going to get complacent this semester. No cramming for me!

Melissa will be coming home for a few days this week. Yeah! She hasn't been home for over a year. Last year when she flew in for Allison's graduation she just stayed in Orlando the whole time because it was much easier that way. So I'm glad she'll get to see more people this time. She's here for longer anyway.

Six and a half months, and I graduate. *sigh* I can't wait. A job, a salary, my own place, and maybe even an actual life to go with it? Sounds wonderful! Just gotta keep working towards that.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I am so glad you got to relax and enjoy the weekend. I want to give you a challenge. Every day I want you to look for something that is beautiful, something you are grateful for and write it down somewhere. It could be a friends encouragement, a sunset or even a short lecture. You could even blog it! (so we can all share in it!)
This will all be over before you know it but don't just endure it, enjoy it.
I am so proud of you and your determination. Keep up the good work and share how we can pray for you.
Liz
Liz

Natalie said...

Thank you! I will do that. :)